Entreprenuer

Entreprenuer

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Week Three

10/7/15
“How will you measure your life?”  This was the important question asked during this week’s learning.  Throughout my lessons learned, lessons not yet learned and references I have pondered this question in regards to my own life. 

Lessons Learned:
The Ministry of Business provides yet again, more incredible insight into living a successful business life, combined with living the gospel principles and living a fulfilling life.
Chapter seven discusses personal constitutions.  It all starts with the productivity pyramid.  The base is full of the governing values, next comes long term goals, from that comes short term goals and at the top of the pyramid are daily tasks.  Creating a personal constitution will help guide your life and be a key piece in times where you must re-asses or re-align yourself with your goals and who you want to be in this life.
Chapter eight is about giving back.  When we are blessed and can recognize those blessings we must give back by serving others and sharing God’s love and blessings with them.  I truly loved this book because of the example that Jim Ritchie and his wife provided of all their years of service and giving back in life.  I have a personal love for serving others and take advantage of volunteering my time in my local community whenever possible.  My husband and I like to volunteer at local shelters and even at the animal shelters.   
Chapter nine is called the unseen difference.  This chapter dives so much deeper into chapter eight, devoting your life to making an unseen difference in the world.  I loved the diagram that states “You lift me… and I’ll life thee… and we’ll ascend together”.  Live out your passions, remain humble, recognize your blessings, give back and most of all dedicate your life to serving others and making the world a better place. 

Lessons Not Yet Learned:
I am still learning what my deepest fears are and how to overcome them.  I personally deal with anxiety, and I do not want to let that anxiety stop me from pursuing all of my dreams and achieving success in all aspects of my life. 

A Reference and Categorization Method:
Personal Constitution (Ministry of Business chapter 7)
Governing Values
Prioritize a list of personal values and qualities that you want to possess.  Always use “I am” statements to provide a positive and direct language to direct you toward the action instead of merely wishing.
Long Term Goals
Write out goals in “I will” statements in order to commit yourself to these goals
Short Term Goals
Focus on short term goals that will get you to your long term goals.  Use clear, direct “A will” statements.
Daily Tasks
Begin with “Today I will” and write down your daily task list of things that will move you closer to achieving your goals.  These will provide incredible personal productivity and lead your way to your goals.
Be The Unseen Difference (Ministry of Business page 164)
Tom Rath’s eight roles to be filled by people in relationships: builder, champion, collaborator, companion, connector, energizer, mind opener and navigator.


Deconstructing Your Fears Reflection Questions
1.     If you pursue your calling with discipline, intentionality, and the help of fellow travelers, what are the chances that your worst case scenario will really happen?

I believe that we are our greatest enemies.  We allow self-doubt into our lives and prevent ourselves from reaching our greatest potentials.  If I pursue my calling with all of the principles and things listed above, my chances of achieving my goals are extremely high.  My worst case scenarios will probably only happen if I allow them to happen.  Although some things in life are out of our control, we can control our ultimate outcomes by the choices that we make each and every day. 
2.     As you look at your list of fears, what themes emerge? What is at the core of what you really fear?  Financial ruin? The judgement or disapproval of others?  Physical harm? Endangering the ones you love?  Embarrassment?

The biggest theme that emerges from my list of fears is personal disappointment.  I set very high standards for myself and I am so afraid that I won’t live up to my own standards.  I beat myself up and am way too hard on myself and my many short comings.  I need to accept that I do have short comings, as we are not perfect, and learn to overcome them with the power of my strengths.  I wish to live a balanced life with my family and then working when my future children are all in school, and in order to have the best of both worlds I need to accept now that I will experience some disappointments in life.  And that is okay!

3.     What is the risk of taking no action – not following your calling?  How do you plan to deal with fear when it pops up on your entrepreneurial journey?


It is impossible to achieve any joy without sorrow.  It is impossible to achieve the success and fulfillment of following my calling without taking the risks and action to get there.  If I do not try I will always wonder and question if I am even capable of achieve the goals I have set for myself.  And if I do not achieve every single goal I need to recognize that the Lord has a different path for me and that my journey led me to where I was supposed to go, regardless of if the end result was the same as I initially thought.  I will accept fear during my entrepreneurial journey and face it head on instead of pretending it is not there.  I will address the realistic possibilities of that fear, and then write out real ways to overcome them.

No comments:

Post a Comment