Entreprenuer

Entreprenuer

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Week Nine

11/21/15
Dream Big Dreams

Lessons Learned:
“A Field Guide for the Hero’s Journey” chapter four is about finding out what companions you want with you on your journey, and putting in the work to create and nurture these relationships.  It is often difficult to admit that someone else is better at something than you are, however it is important to cultivate relationships with those that strengthen your weaknesses.  It is your own responsibility to surround yourself with people who will lift you up and share and encourage your passions and goals.

I had the opportunity to interview an entrepreneur who has successfully built a company with her husband, allowing her the privilege of being a stay at home mom.  I chose this smaller scale entrepreneur to interview because it aligns with my own personal goals and aspirations.  The five biggest things that I took away from this interview experience are hard work, integrity, spouse and family support, get to know who your consumers are and what they want, and lastly to simply go for it. 


Lessons Not Yet Learned:
My biggest goal with taking this entrepreneur class is to figure out what my personal dreams and goals are.  As we working toward starting our family right now and I am hoping to be a stay at home mom, I know that we will need something to supplement our income.  I have considered a few different options that have been offered to me in order to do that, such as selling DoTerra Essential Oils or MaryKay beauty products, however I am not passionate about these products so I know that I would not be successful in selling them.  My biggest struggle is creativity, coming up with something new and fresh that I can do that others haven’t already capitalized on.  Although I still have not figure this out, I am hoping to find something that I can do from home that will make me happy, provide some financial stability and something that I will enjoy sharing with others.

A Reference and Categorization Method:
Think Big: https://vimeo.com/27928168
License to Pursue Dreams: http://ecorner.stanford.edu/authorMaterialInfo.html?mid=1527
Action Hero – Kathy Huber: http://www.actonhero.org/celebrating-heroes/stories-of-heroes/index.php?hero=kathy-huber

Your Emotional Fingerprint (password ll): https://vimeo.com/64376282

No comments:

Post a Comment